Learning Options for this Course
This course can be taken at our Training Centre in Dublin 2. Socially distanced learning. Full interaction with expert trainers.
Daytime or evenings using iLiveLearning. Full interaction with the trainer, just like in the classroom. Software provided.
Self-paced online course on our Learning Hub with Assessment and Certification. 1 Year access. Software required.
Skills You will have at the end of the Course
The practical concepts of HTML and CSS
Learn how to structure and create a basic web pages and layouts
Add and format text, images and video
Understand the concepts of Bootstrap and jQuery
Go from Zero to Hero on this 2 Day hands on course that takes you through the Key fundamentals of HTML and CSS.
Course participants must have strong computer, file management, keyboard and mouse skills. No prior knowledge of HTML is required.
At the end of the course, you’ll be Certified by the Irish Academy of Computer Training
Who would benefit
Graphic designers, digital marketers, project managers, web and intranet custodians or anybody looking to upskill to a career into the following creative and technical areas, web design, app design, UI design, digital marketing, computer programming and development.
Why take the Course
To become proficient in HTML and CSS and understand the basics of how web pages and web content is structured and styled. To take the skills you have learned and apply them practically to either make custom changes and edits within HTML and CSS environments such as a company website, WordPress, Hubspot, Facebook, Email templates or to start you out on the road to designing your own websites from scratch.
- Introduction to HTML5
- Creating the basic Shell of web page
- Creating Paragraphs and Headings
- Formatting, Line Breaks, Bold and Italics
- Creating Ordered and Unordered Lists
- Introduction to HTML attributes
- Inserting Image and Video content in your webpage
- Linking our pages – relative and absolute links
- Using Tables in HTML
- Introduction to CSS
- Tag styles
- Inline styles
- Embedding a style in your page
- Linking to a stylesheet
Page Layouts using HTML5 Semantic tags and CSS
- Introducing div tags and Layouts
- Using ID Styles
- Using Semantic Tags
Using Bootstrap and jQuery to build Responsive sites
- Advanced CSS Effects and jQuery using open source libraries like Bootstrap
- Downloading and installing Bootstrap
- Using a Grid system for Responsive page layout
- Creating Responsive menus
- Creating Modern Image Carousels
- Using Glyphicons