Learning Options for this Course
This course can be taken at our Training Centre in Dublin 2. Socially distanced learning. Full interaction with expert trainers.
Daytime or evenings using iLiveLearning. Full interaction with the trainer, just like in the classroom. Software provided.
Self-paced online course on our Learning Hub with Assessment and Certification. 1 Year access. Software required.
Skills You will have at the end of the Course
Protect workbooks and worksheets
Filter and subtotal lists
Work with V/H lookups
Analyse data better using Pivot tables
Restrict what’s entered into a spreadsheet using validation in a spreadsheet
Perform proficient data analysis
Create advanced charts
Understand more complex spreadsheets
Use conditional formatting to highlight key data
Share workbooks with other users
This course builds on the Excel Foundations course to teach you how to use the essential tools in Excel. You’ll learn V and H lookup, CountIf and SumIf and database functions. You’ll work with charts, graphs, filters and lists, import different file formats (like XML data) and track changes in a spreadsheet.
Essential to have a good understanding of Excel before attending this course
At the end of the course, you’ll be Certified by the Irish Academy of Computer Training
Who would benefit
If you work with Excel on a regular day to day basis this is the right course for you. There is a huge amount to gain by being confident at this level. There are many features to learn and this course will save you hours and hours of work as you start to make the most of Excel and what it has to offer.
Why take the Course
This course provides you with solid knowledge in the most important tools in Excel. Once you have finished the course you will know more than most people who are using Excel each day. You’ll have a powerful skill-set that you can use in building spreadsheets that make you even more efficient in your role
Online Option Available
- Advanced Formatting – custom lists, conditional formatting, custom number formats
- Transposing lists
- Conditional formatting
- Data validation – creating rules, and drop-down menus
- Data protection – sheet and workbook protection and locking cells
- Basic formulas and functions review
- Name Manager – applying absolute references to cells in formula
- Order of precedence
- Sum, Min, Max, Average, Count, Countblank
- Relative and Absolute referencing
- Countif and Sumif
- Countifs and Sumifs
- IF and nested IF statements
- Vlookup and Hlookup functions in single and multiple worksheets
- Tables – applying table styles to lists of data
- Sorting and Subtotaling
- Advanced sorting and using subtotal filters
- Pivot table and Pivot charts
- Named ranges
- Introduction to Macros, assigning macros to buttons and icons
Contact us - we'll reply to you quickly
By clicking send, you agree for us to contact you about your enquiry.